An oversized tee might not seem like your most versatile style tool, but with these simple tricks, this basic will become your favorite fashion staple.
1. With a High-Waisted Skirt. Perhaps the easiest way to style an oversized tee is to throw it under a high-waisted skirt. The skirt will cinch it in, highlighting your waist and slimming the shirt in just the right spot.
2. Knotted Up. To wear this look, a larger shirt is key. Start by gathering the bottom of the shirt slightly off center in your hand, and then twist it in on itself to make a knot. This trendy look takes all of five seconds to put together, but shows off your styling skills.
3. With a Belt. A white tee, a pair of black pants, and a metallic belt will create an hourglass silhouette that’s perfect for a casual night out.
4. Tied-Up Crop Top. Try tying your tee up higher than usual to show off a little skin. This perfect-for-summer style looks fun and fresh with high-waisted shorts or a skater skirt.
5. Create a Boat Neck. Trim the top of a tee to leave a wide, rounded shape. The boat neck is perfect for showing off just a tad of your décolletage area.
6. Off the Shoulder. Pull the shirt down on just one shoulder to show a little skin — in a totally classy way. Tip: you may need to cut around the neckline so your shirt has a little more give to work with.
7. Under a Blazer. Wearing an oversized tee under a blazer looks all kinds of cool. A fitted blazer will contrast with the loose shape of the top for an effortlessly chic look.
8. Hi-Low Cut. Try cutting the front hemline of the tee to create a basic hi-low shape – it’s easy to rock and ever so popular.
9. Shirt-Dress with a Belt. Transform that men’s tee you have lying around into a chic dress with a braided belt tied around your waist.
10. With a Statement Necklace. Top off your oversized tee with a jeweled necklace to take it from day to night.
11. Swimsuit Cover Up. Bring your tee to the beach and wear it over a bathing suit for an easy, cool cover up.
12. Muscle Tee. Steal a look from the boys and cut off the sleeves of the tee to achieve that perfect retro style. Pair it with a cute sports bra or crop it for an added dose of 90′s cool.
13. Rolled Up Sleeves. Go for a more laid back style by cuffing sleeves, recommended for your favorite white tee!
14. Front-Tucked into Jeans. Take your tee and tuck just the front part into your jeans, leaving the sides and back out for an update on a classic.
15. Cut-Out Back. The DIY opportunities with this one are endless! You can go for a heart, a skull, or any variety of geometric designs.
16. Over Barely-There Shorts. Throw your top over a pair of shorts and show off your long legs while balancing a more modest look on top.
17. Braided Back. The best part of this look is that it’s one of a kind – and there’s no purchase necessary! With this fun craft, you can pull it together yourself.
18. Under a Vest. Pair any tee with a denim or leather vest for a cute concert look. Button the vest in the middle to highlight your figure or leave it unbuttoned for a more casual and comfy style.
19. Tied into a Bandana. Shhh don’t tell but…everyone here at Stylitics didn’t even know this was possible until one of our team members brought it up during a brainstorm. This is awesome! Everyone must try it!
20. Paired with Leggings. For days when comfort is key, an oversized tee with leggings is the way to go. Add a pair of ballet flats for a head-to-toe classic and carefree style.
21. Over a Button-Down. Break out your favorite dress shirt and give it some new life by topping it off with your oversized tee. Try rolling the sleeves to keep with the edgier look.
22. Styled with Fringe. Bring out your inner flower child and cut some fringe into the bottom of your shirt. Easy as that!
23. Layered Under a Sweater. Layers are always a great bet for Olsen-twin-esque, boho-chic. So, style your favorite oversized tee under a fitted sweater to master the look. Bonus? You’ll be ready for any weather!
24. Tied with Bows. Here’s another DIY you must master for a perfect date-night look – all you need is a pair of scissors!